Being a working momma, is lovely (most of the time ?), but something i miss out on, is cooking. I have loved cooking since i was …. I don’t even remember! ( and that doesn’t mean i am very old!). I can cook for hours, and not get tired. But since my little angel has come into my life, cooking has had to take a backseat.
Coming back to today’s post, want to see how mama fixes breakfast in a jiffy??? Learn how to make these delish breakfast pizza muffins, and you will never go back to the pb&j sandwiches for breakfast again! Best part?! They can be made the night before or you can just make a dozen, freeze them, and just pop them into the microwave when you need them!
The recipe is really quick, you basically just have to throw in everything in there, whisk it and bake! Bonus point is that it is made using pancake mix, so no need to rely on baking powders or yeast etc.
- ¾ cup pancake mix
- dried oregano
- mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Chicken/ sausage/ vegies of your choice (cooked) [great use of leftovers]
- ¾ cup milk full fat
- 1 egg
- pizza sauce
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Grease muffin pan. In a large bowl, whisk together all the above ingredients, except pizza sauce ( reserve some of the mozarella for topping)
- Stir the batter and divide evenly among the muffin cups. Bake until a toothpick inserted comes out clean, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Take out the muffin tray (don’t switch off the oven yet), and top it with the reserved mozarella. Pop it back in the oven until the cheese melts.
- Once out, you can either spoon the pizza sauce over them, or serve the pizza sauce on the side for dipping.
So simple, and no waiting at all! My husband did not even notice when i made them, and told me the next day that they tasted like they were from a bakery! Well, bakery it was ? only it was mine ?